Award-Winning Design Firm. We have a rare opening to join our growing firm in the role of Construction Administration Architect, based in our Baltimore, MD office with hybrid in office/remote work options.
M&D has an excellent reputation in the Mid-Atlantic marketplace, with offices in Baltimore, MD and York, PA. In addition to receiving the Fostering Emerging Professionals (EPiC) AIA Award for the past 5 consecutive years, our firm has received well over 200 design/preservation/craftsmanship awards – including 8 AIA design excellence awards this past year alone.
Breadth of Work. We work with a diverse group of clients on an array of exciting and interesting commissions – master plans, renovations, new construction, adaptive reuse, and historic preservation – for colleges/universities, K-12 schools, local governments, commercial businesses, faith-based institutions, libraries, and recreational facilities – to name just a few.
Design-Focused & Technically Proficient Culture. By promoting an integrated approach to Architecture, Planning, and Interior Design, the Murphy & Dittenhafer Architects’ team of creative professionals and emerging talent puts optimism, energy, and imagination to work. Our goal is to develop the best and most innovative design that reflects client needs, while creating “places” that make a positive contribution to the human experience – and the environment. In tandem with our design focus is a commitment to comprehensively delineating technical details on drawings and in specifications to ensure constructability.
Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn or on our blog: murphydittenhafer.com
Unique Opportunity. Our firm is the right size for collaboration with Principals, other Project Management Staff, and very talented Architectural Designers – all of whom have Architectural degrees and are pursuing licensure. Our objective is to infuse high quality Architecture into each of our commissions, to ensure our designs are documented and detailed correctly, to manage projects efficiently and profitably, and to achieve successful built results. Construction Administration Professionals/ Architects at M&D have a wide range of opportunities to use the following skills:
- Collaboration and Coordination with internal project teams and engineering consultants
- Creative and innovative solutions during Construction Administration
- High level of awareness and leadership on building codes, technology, sustainability, and systems
- Project Management Responsibility to lead project teams and Engineering Consultants during Project Construction on a variety of project types, scales, and locations
- Ensure detailed/fully coordinated construction documents and specifications
- Significant Client interface and management
Benefits. This is a great opportunity to work with talented people in one of the area’s premier Architectural environments. M&D staff enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible Remote Work Schedule Options
- M&D Day – an annual tradition that includes good food and company while touring our new or recently completed projects
- Paid Parking
- Paid Holidays & Vacation (including a week off between Christmas & New Year’s)
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
- Profit Sharing & Employer matched 401k
- Professional Registration/Continuing Education Assistance
Capabilities. Qualified candidates will have:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Architecture-related field (Preferred)
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Minimum Proficiency in CAD, Revit, and Bluebeam (preferred)
- 5-8+ years of Construction administration, specifications, quality assurance, and technical architectural/construction experience (Preferred)
- Good organization and problem-solving skills
Take the Next Step. Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, and our blog: murphydittenhafer.com. If you like what you see, email your cover letter, resume, and work samples to email@example.com for immediate consideration. Please indicate “Construction Administration”.