Lorax delivers value to the real estate industry through high-quality green building solutions that optimize financial, environmental, and human health benefits for our clients. Description: Lorax is seeking a Project Manager/Senior Project Manager to direct and organize project team members and manage deliverables to achieve the client’s sustainability goals. An effective PM focuses on managing people and possesses a broad view and understanding of each team member’s role for the project goals to be reached. A PM’s job involves developing and maintaining an action plan and schedule, ensuring appropriate resources are in place, roles are understood, and activities are thoroughly managed through completion. The ideal candidate possesses the following:
- 2-5 years of work experience.
- A LEED AP, or other green building-related accreditation.
- Experience in the real estate development market.
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, engineering, environmental planning, or a related field.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Understanding of MS Office Suite, Adobe DC, and Google Suite.
- Senior Project Managers must have green rating system project experience and be able to demonstrate documentation competency in all categories of that rating system.
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Serve as green building Project Manager and Sustainability Consultant for multiple diverse and concurrent projects
- Interpret and communicate building code and rating systems to design practitioners and property owners – particularly LEED, NGBS, and various jurisdictional adoptions of the International Green Construction Code (IgCC)
- From concept design through occupancy, manage the following with respect to the project’s sustainability goals and requirements:
- Billing & Scheduling – identification of priority objectives and alignment with design and construction milestones
- Compliance strategy, Design coordination & Construction Administration
- Reviewing, compiling, and submitting documentation for certification or permitting
- Progress reporting
- Miscellaneous green building queries or issues
- Lead meetings and foment discussions among design and construction teams regarding sustainability goals, strategy, challenges, and progress.
- Conduct collaborative workshops with design practitioners to provide expert guidance on LEED credit documentation.
- Review and provide comments on drawings, specifications, standards, construction plans and submittals, operational policies, and leases for conformance to the owner’s and/or jurisdiction’s high-performance building requirements.
- Independently document or assist design and construction teams in completing documentation for certification or code compliance.
- Stay abreast of the latest green and/or high-performance building laws across multiple jurisdictions, green building technologies, sustainability issues, and supporting science.
- Design and/or consult on marketing materials, including case studies, walking tours, and educational brochures highlighting sustainability accomplishments.
- Establish and maintain professional partnerships with design practitioners across a wide range of disciplines, including mechanical engineers, architects, civil engineers, landscape architects, general contractors, energy modelers, solar designers, and renewable energy asset managers.
Compensation & Benefit Information:
- Salary Range: $50,000-$100,000 commensurate with experience.
- Additional opportunities for bonuses and Business Development based commission.
- Company contributions to health insurance premiums.
- 401k Plan with company matching.
- Generous Personal Time-Off.
- Team adventures in the great outdoors.
- Charity Matching Program for organizations near and dear to the heart.
- Continuing education stipend to encourage continuous learning.
- 100% company-paid credential exams + renewal fees for LEED AP.
- Hybrid work-from-home schedule.
- Annual review to discuss career goals and personal growth.
- Opportunities to attend events and conferences around the country.
Care to Join us? If Lorax Partnerships sounds like the place for you, contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lorax Partnerships Job Opportunities” in the subject line. Include your resume with professional experience and educational background, a cover letter telling us a little about yourself and why you would like to join our firm, contact information, and two references. Candidates of interest will be contacted by email for scheduling onsite interviews.