GWWO Architects invites collaborative architects and designers with 3+ years of experience to join our 55-person Baltimore-based practice specializing in the design of cultural and educational projects with emphasis on responsible design that is inspirational, evocative, and progressive. GWWO’s design excellence has been recognized with over 100 local, state, and national awards, including the 2020 and 2021 AIA Maryland Public Building of the Year. A selection of our most recent achievements includes ranking by ARCHITECT Magazine as a top firm in sustainability two years running; designation as a leading designer of museums, galleries, and cultural facilities by Building Design + Construction; and dozens of Best Places to Work awards based on employee feedback.
- Creativity and experience with high-quality design
- Understanding of construction documents, including technical specifications and document coordination
- Strong building technology and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with building codes
- Ability to work well within a team structure
- Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Quality-minded and self-motivated
- Fluency with Office 365 software
- Physical requirements: Visual review of documents, typing, traversing construction sites on foot
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong design sense and demonstrated design abilities
- Proficiency in Revit Architecture
- Experience with cultural and/or educational projects
- LEED project experience
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected candidates will work in GWWO’s Baltimore office. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Benefits currently offered by GWWO include a 401(k) plan; profit sharing plan; medical, dental, and vision insurance; pre-tax medical and child-care reimbursement plans; paid professional organization memberships and professional development opportunities; robust in-house education program; community service opportunities; free parking; generous vacation and absence policy; and thirteen paid holidays (including a week off between Christmas and New Year’s). GWWO is an equal opportunity employer.