Senior Interior Designer
Looking for a fun and energetic environment where you will be challenged, rewarded, and inspired? Join an amazing global healthcare organization of top performers at Johns Hopkins Health System (JHHS) where you can thrive and grow amongst a group of passionate and supportive coworkers. JHHS is looking for a Senior Interior Designer to join the Architecture + Planning team. This is a great opportunity to work for a prestigious health system with the potential to grow within the organization.
Plans and designs interior design projects relating to additions, alterations, and renovations. Reviews performance of existing materials and provides direction for the interior design standards for finishes and furniture. Performs design efforts under the supervision of the Senior Director, Architectural + Planning.
No Degree 12 yrs. Planning/Design/Engineering
Associate’s Degree 8 yrs. Planning/Design/Engineering
Bachelor’s Degree 4 yrs. Planning/Design/Engineering
*plus two (2) years contemporary experience in the design of medical facilities or similar
Required Licensure, Certification, On-going Training:
Eligible to be examined for registration as a Certified Interior Designer (CID) in the State of MD.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of construction methods and equipment installation/inspection
- Foundation and current knowledge of design, construction, operations, and maintenance fields and governmental regulations and codes, as applicable to the employee’s discipline and to an extent that the employee can effectively integrate related construction, operations, and maintenance disciplines into a design or interpretation of governmental regulations and codes.
- The Senior Interior Designer role shall additionally require the necessary knowledge that establishes the employee to be eligible to be examined for registration as a Certified Interior Designer in the State of Maryland.
- Proficient with computer applications (PC- and network-based), including Windows, departmental e-mail, word processing, database, spreadsheet, project management, presentation and CADD packages.
- High level of ability to solve problems and manage information indicated herein.
- Proficient written and verbal English communication skills, on a college graduate level.
- Ability to plan, research, analyze, coordinate, implement and present project requirements.
- Ability to generate clear design direction and convey the same to other designers and design professionals.
- Interacts professionally with JHM/departmental staff as well as contractor’s, manufacturers, vendors and consultants.